We have been a German manufacturer of exclusive textile wallcoverings for over 30 years. Long-term partnerships based on fairness, mutual trust and common success are our declared objective.
Our products can be found worldwide in numerous well-known buildings including, for example, the national opera house in Bucharest in Rumania or the 7 star Pangu hotel in Peking, China. Our portfolio covers more than 500 various articles from jute, viscose, linen and silk. About 80 % of our articles are on stock and the lead-time for new production is about 2 weeks
THE DESIMA PRODUCT PHILOSOPHIE
The idea behind ideal decoration using Desima products is “the something-special-wall” in this way our products are said to create a pleasant and unique room atmosphere.
Advantages of Desima products
- Our wallcoverings create an individual harmony in the room. This promises you selected designs, together with the natural originality typical of organic materials such as viscose, linen or silk.
- Out textile coverings are 100% environmentally friendly.
- We guarantee the highest standard of quality “Handmade in Germany” by our highly qualified workers at our production location in Salem in South Germany.
- Experienced decorators and tradesmen can use our products efficiently and without difficulty.
- All our textile wallcoverings fulfil the highest safety regulations.
TEXTILE WALLCOVERINGS AND THEIR CHARACTER
As previously mentioned the chief characteristics of our wallcoverings stem from the strong advantage of using natural materials, their inherent natural variations typical from organic based materials. This results in an individual mood in the room which is appreciated worldwide by our customers including leading interior designers. Small variations in colour and structure together with a certain amount of non-uniformity in weave or thread patterns are typical and even a proof characteristic of their quality.
Generally, the seams of the wallcoverings are relatively invisible when hung by an experienced decorator. Nevertheless, depending on the pattern, material and production, it is also possible and sometimes desired that the individual length are more clearly visible.
We usually cut our wallpapers according to the pattern repeat, so that the individual strips can be hung directly next to each other. Due to production, it may occasionally happen that the repeat runs slightly. Despite the greatest efforts and a high quality standard, this cannot always be completely avoided with our natural fabric wallpaper. If the repeat runs, we recommend to align the wallpaper pattern at eye level and, if necessary, work with a double cut to adjust the repeat.
Examples of the product appearance:
- Jute: a coarse, natural look and partly with fiber fragments in the yarn (see M4724)
- Viscose: a fine, uniform structure in matt colour styles (see M8964 or M2690)
- Rayon: a fine, uniform structure in shimmering colours (see M6483)
- Linen: a coarse and natural look and feeling in matt colour tones (see M7111 or M5011)
- Silk: the typical variations inherent in silk yarns can vary considerably depending on the silk batch. The unsteady silk yarn thickness can also create a characteristic horizontal stripe effect (compare vivid M9207 and uniform M9216)
These chief characteristics are known, desired and appreciated among the professionals.
However, it is important, to avoid disappointment, that this individuality of these materials is made known to your customers.
A commercial cooperation can be challenging for both parties – for you as customer but also for us as a supplier. There is no simple golden rule, but we always strive to find the best solution for both sides.
There are many reasons that we generally do not make any exclusive agreements for the various markets. We are conscious of the fact that this philosophy can have some disadvantages but on the other hand numerous advantages where both sides could profit. We rely on mutual trust and want the commercial processing of orders to be as little as complicated as possible. The prices are predefined as per our price list which is valid for 2 to 3 years. The rest of the contractual information is described under our general terms and conditions.
There are several variations how customers work with us:
- Option 1 (Wholesalers, retailers, architects, project customers, new customers)
- Customers purchase our Desima Collection Catalogues and sell our products in their showrooms.
- Option 2 (Wholesalers and distributors)
- Customers create their own collection catalogues with our products.
- These can contain any combination, as desired, from our whole product portfolio.
- The book in question may have an individual cover carrying your own logo, the Desima logo or both.
- The selected articles can have their own article number in your catalogue. The connection between this article number and our products is only known to us and should be kept secret to guarantee sufficient protection for the market in question.
- The catalogues can be produced in house by Desima and competitively priced. (minimum order: >85 books).
- Creative variants can also be realised. For example, our Desima collections (like FRENCH Line or COTTAGE Line) with Desima article codes can be used as a basis and provided with your individual book cover. Thereby even smaller quantities can be realised economically.
- Option 3 (Wholesalers and distributors)
- Customers cut out selected Desima textile wallcoverings make their own book together with articles from other manufacturers.
- If possible, we would be glad to produce such catalogues for you.
- Option 4 (Wholesalers, retailers, distributors, online-shops)
- If interested, we will gladly and quickly send you the password to download our available photos (ca. 5 GB) for your homepage or for other Desima- promotional activities.
- However, we expressly ask you not to offer our products below the recommended retail price or the normal market retail price. Should we become aware of discounted prices, we reserve the right to suspend the business relationship.
A great partnership with you is our utmost ambition and we like to support you wherever we can. This ranges from the simple use of our elegant Desima collection books to individually designed customer books, which also guarantee a high level of protection in the market.
In cases where you work on projects here we can also assist you in protecting certain combinations of articles you have selected. Please see more information under the section Customer Questions.
Our price list contains all articles in our Collections summarised per product group. Prices are based in Euros, ex works, net and if applicable plus customs duty. You can order any quantity you need however under 50m per article there is a 15% surcharge. Our textile wallpapers are as a rule 100cm wide (some articles are only 95 and/or 97 cm wide, depending on the design-pattern). The weight of the goods together with recommended sales price can be found in the price list.
For shipping Desima products within Europe we use UPS/FEDEX because of their attractive price conditions. Outside Europe we often use the service companies recommended from our customers.
We trust we have been able to give you a detailed and understandable overview of how we work. Needless to say we would appreciate any further ideas you may have regarding our cooperation.
A good start is always desirable for a long term and successful partnership. Therefore, we have prepared our Desima Starter Info (PDF) with all important information for you to download.